Welcome technophobes, grease monkies, and motorheads

Welcome to a new'ish' site written by and with the imput from people who,s brains are so full of;
Technical abillity, Insane ideas, and the love of wierd and wonderfull shit, that there is no time in their over stressed brains for "CRAP" like spelling and punktuation.

Saturday 25 January 2014

EFFIN MARVLOUSE.

The DUKE has been running shit at full throttle but only after it's been flat out for a short time. This has not even been noticed whilst I did short track. 
But since I've had it in the road it has been a real pain in the ass. 
The plugs looked ok and because I had ran it all last year I over complicated the situation by thinking that the jetting was fine. 
So I made a plate to keep the carbs dry and cleaned them out. 
Still ran shit. 
Adjusted the float heights 
Still ran shit. 
Up jetted the carbs . 
Still ran shit . 
Tryed a new fuel pump. 
Still ran shit . 
Tryed different fuel feed combos . 
Still ran shit. 
So I am BOARD, BOARD, BOARD with taking the carbs apart and fed up of stinking of fuel. So I went to chat to top bloke J Tremlett (owns the local bike garage) 
"Try blocking the sure filters a bit" says he. 
This is something that I have done menu times on my own and others bikes to quickly sort bikes running too lean. But in my confused state I had forgotten to try this. Sometimes you just need a fresh perspective. 
So I tryed it today . 
FUCK ME IT RUNS LIKE A BLOODY DREAM NOW. 
As you can see I started by wrapping them in 'ROCK N ROLL' tape . This worked so next I cut up a coke bottle and it slipped over lovely. Then took it for a lovely blast over the moors. 
I'm one step closer to Pikes Peak now. 

2 comments:

andyrotax said...

Got there in the end though Rob!!

OILY RAG said...

Yep total ball ach though