Welcome technophobes, grease monkies, and motorheads

Welcome to a new'ish' site written by and with the imput from people who,s brains are so full of;
Technical abillity, Insane ideas, and the love of wierd and wonderfull shit, that there is no time in their over stressed brains for "CRAP" like spelling and punktuation.

Tuesday 28 April 2015

First race of the season. Chaos

Sun was a beut dry day at Leicester speedway an I had the pleasure of trying my Triumph for the first time. 
The bike went well but I only managed one race on it as the 2nd race was on my Yam and I fell and broke my ankle.


That's me on the outside running a bit wide. The bike definatly has potential to be competitive.


There were loads of other very cool bikes racing in the vintage class.
After I fell I looked at my foot and it appeared to by attached to my leg at a very strange angle. 
The paramedics were strait on it , they ambulanced me off of the track then gave me a bottle of Nitros oxide to suck on. The next ambulance took so long to arrive that I got to sit in the sun and use a whole bottle before they picked me up. 
Liecester hospital was not a great place but they did manage to squeeze my ankle into position ( probley the worst pain I've had) twice until they stuck it in a cast. 
I've now got an appointment to get it screwed together at a local hospital. 
You can see below that both sides of my ankle are broke. 




3 comments:

Paul said...

Ouch!! Looks pretty darn painful :-( Hope you heal up soon!

benchdonkees said...

Was great to catch up Rob, despite your injury! Get fit soon mate.

dave said...

aye, heal up soon boyo...the trumpet looked fully bitchin'! rad work...